Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How old is your soul?


           
    My high school friend asked me to find this certain book for his course at Rex Bookstore at Recto, after that I went to school to meet my pilgrimage buddies. 
    I've been dreaming to do a pilgrimage; my 1st year college professor has been encouraging me to join her parish's trip. Subic was their first stop, I did not have moolah that time so I decided not to join. Poor me. And after a week, I got the chance to do it with my college buddies. It was fun!


 Our first stop was at our school's chapel. The Chapel of the Crucified Christ is our school's gem. It survived the WWII and is still standing firm. 



The second church we visited was Quiapo Church (The Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene, also known as Saint John the Baptist Parish ). 



We then walked from Quiapo Church to Sta. Cruz Parish.


My favorite was Binondo Church ( Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruiz) It looked so old outside but it's fully renovated inside. I'm in love with the paintings on the ceiling.  My friend also commented that the building's details were so elaborate. Very elaborate indeed. 




We got no luck when we went to Intramuros, our supposed visit to San Agustin Church and Manila Cathedral was a major fail. Both churches were closed. I mean, there not open during the time we went there. We went to Malate Church to have our 5th stop. 



From Malate, the trip to Baclaran was very long due to the heavy traffic caused by some road maintenance stuff by the government. Yeah. 



Our 7th stop was the Church in MOA (Archdiocesan Shrine of Jesus, The Way, The Truth and The Life) Long name. 





It was a very productive day, after a week that I spent doing nothing, I'm so happy that I did something unforgettable this holy week. My funny friends Cherry and Nathan. So much win for this GIF! 

See? (Cherry's a mean girl) LOL


-fleryberry

No comments:

Post a Comment