Monday, October 21, 2013

Balangayan Camp! Walang Iwanan! Hooowaaah!




CAMPING


The last exhausting camp I attended was 9 years ago.  Well, I did some camping during high school but it was not as tiring, nor exciting. Good thing I was able to join this year's Balangayan Camp.  Good thing I was able to join this year's Balangayan Camp. It made me realize that I have to start doing some exercise and stretches because what I learned during my girl scout days were somehow getting rusty.


We arrived there at 9:00 and had an orientation with Sir Toby. He's the representative of Pilipinas Natin. He was there to guide and help our school's facilitators.


Who would feel tiredness in this kind of place? Morning walk on the 2nd day
After that we had our boodle lunch. Eating using my hands is not new to me because I always do it when I feel that using eating utensils does not match what is served on the table.
Another orientation was made by Sir Toby, where he told us what Pilipinas Natin is all about and its mission. It was made solely for the Filipino Youth. Empowerment and social engagement. The real stuff started at 2:00 pm. We had a short walk to the drill venue. The challenges were labeled as BUNDOK, PATAG and GUBAT.

First stop. BUNDOK. 


For me, the first stop is second in terms of difficulty. You have to pass 8 drills to go to the next level. I forgot what those obstacles are called, so, I'll just name them.


  • Tunnel (where-I-have-to-stoop-very-low-because-my-butt's-not-small-enough-to-fit)
  • The Horizontal Rope Tunnel (was-so-easy-because-I'm-small-and-pulling-myself-was-easypeasy)
  • The Swinging Tires (was-not-able-to-swing-to-the-last-tire-because-my-arms-were-too-tired...got-some-scratches) 
  • The Spider Web (was-able-to-roll-twice-because-I-was-too-excited-to-let-go-of-the-rope) 
  • The Tire Tunnel (easy-peasy...tsss)
  • _________________
  • _________________
  • Hiking (easy-peasy...tssss)

Troyka flashed her sweetest smile while doing the Tunnel Tire Obstacle. Haha.
So yeah. Selfie. Roxanne took these photos, she told me that the first photo did not look like that I'm on a challenge. So, I flashed my oh-so-I'm-so-tired-I-wanna-rest-pose. Haha


The Bundok challenge was an individual battle. It's between you and your fears. 



Second stop. PATAG

This was the hardest among the challenges for me, because it  made me physically weak and mentally drained. The challenges were:

  •  Drag Me
  •  Leadership Walk
  • ABC
  • The Don't Touch the Straw
  • Memory Game
  • Water Relay
  • Duck Walk
  • Mud Roll


Hello there, Agel! Haha
Lorenz dragging Jem.

PATAG challenges were designed for small groups to work together and help each other to accomplish all the tasks.



GUBAT. The Last Challenge.

This was the most fun part of the Balangayan Camp because we were able to pass the challenge while we were blindfolded. It was dark and muddy. The downhills and uphills were too steep and slippery. 

The small groups were formed as one team. And we formed a one long line in order to start the trek. The trick was you have to hold the straw as a guide with your right hand and put your left on the shoulder or waist of the person in front of you. 

The first person in the line will guide the whole team of the things they should do. The funny part was when every time that the team leader would shout the instructions, every one would follow him, so, everyone would duck. Imagine almost 40 people ducking at the same time? Haha.  



Our "we-did-it-because-we're-great" group photo.
Morning walk with my girlaloos. 




And I'm so happy that I have added a new entry in my sembreak video collection. Watch! 



No comments:

Post a Comment