Sunday, August 11, 2013

On Fire





Captured moments last Thursday during my last fire drill in St. Paul University Manila, and yes, I attended all the drills before but I could say that I did not enjoy the drills that much. Who would enjoy a fire drill? Haha. Anyway, I was one of those students who would rather cut class and sleep at home because staying outside and waiting for the drill result is so boring. 

So yeah, I was able to bring my camera that day and because I'm a member of The Paul, I thought that, I could help in documenting the drill. Volunteers from different colleges who wore black that day and some nursing students were able to put up a good exhibition. But I guess their efforts were not enough because the whole drill lasted for 21 minutes. The expected time scale was 5 minutes. See, 16 minutes late. 

And oh, I learned something on the drill. I have now an idea on what are the things I should do if an establishment is on fire. 

First, shout out loud that the area is on fire.
(eg. "Fire! Fire! The room is on fire!")

Second, check if  the classrooms are already evacuated.
("Mark the door 'x'  if it's empty. So that the firemen would not bother to check it again.)

Third, if the room is occupied by injured victims. Shout out loud again.
(eg. "Room XX, someone's dying! Please hurry up! " Don't leave the room, wait for the rescue team to arrive)

Last, run for your life.
(Save yourself)


And because my name is Flery, I would probably do the last step.

Ciao! 


No comments:

Post a Comment